Psychoanalyze This ~ Gothic Horror Research
- What happens to the human mind under the pressure of stress?
- What happens when the human mind reaches its breaking point?
* Edgar Allan Poe: "The Raven" & "The Fall of the House of Usher"
* Stephen King: "Suffer the Little Children"
* William Shakespeare: The Tragedy of Macbeth
- Research the effects of stress on the human mind.
- Analyze one or more main characters from the literary texts studied.
- Utilize PowerPoint or Prezi to produce a presentation on the selected character & how his/her mind reacts to the pressure of stress.
MLA Citation Resources
Purdue Online Writing Lab
* MLA Formatting & Style Guide
* Sample Works Cited Page
PowerPoint Basics -
* Table of Contents & Refer to Macintosh Directions
Create your Prezi HERE
Refer to the following file and click the download button to download it to your computer.
Stress & Brain Resources:
"Under Pressure: Your Brain on Conflict"
The Human Brain - Stress
Vergano, Dan. "Long-Term Litany of Tension Can Batter the Brain." USA TODAY. Aug. 3 1999: 9D. SIRS Issue Researcher. Web. 14 Oct 2013.